Intent-to-Cut Notification: Heavy Cutting
An Intent-to-Cut Notification must be submitted to the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation ONLY IF a landowner plans to conduct a HEAVY CUT of FORTY ACRES or more. "Heavy cut" is defined as "a harvest leaving a residual stocking level of acceptable growing stock below the C-line, as defined by the United States Department of Agriculture silvicultural stocking guides for the applicable timber type."
Application Form (fillable .pdf form)
Application Guide - It is heavily recommended you utilize the Application Guide to complete the application correctly!
- VSA Title 10,Chapter 83, ss 2625: Regulation of Heavy Cutting
- Intent-to-Cut Notification: Emergency Rules, Standards, and Procedures
- Intent-to-Cut Notification: Silvicultural References, Part 1 (Large File)
- Intent-to-Cut Notification: Silvicultural References, Part 2 (Large File)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Assistance - Forestry District Offices