Skip to main content

Maple Sugaring on State Land

The Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation has been working closely with the Vermont Maple Sugar Makers Association to make additional state land under the jurisdiction of the Department available under license agreement to sugar makers for maple sugaring. In cooperation with the Association, we have developed an application process along with tapping guidelines and license requirements. There are currently eight licenses for sugaring operations on state lands, totaling 850 acres and 30,117 taps.

All of these licenses are operated according to the Guidelines and Licensing Requirements for Tapping and Collecting Sap from Maple Trees on Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation Lands (December 2019).