Skip to main content

Do I need a permit to open burn outdoors?

Submitted by john.sears@ver… on

Open Burning Permits or a “Permit to Kindle Fire” regulates open burning in every town in Vermont. Town Forest Fire Wardens are responsible for issuing open burning permits if fuel and weather conditions are safe for outdoor burning. Fire Wardens have the authority to ban open burning in their towns during times of high fire danger or hazardous local conditions. 

Accordion to apply to

Firewood and Fires