Skip to main content
Flood Resources

Do I need a permit to host an event on state land?

Submitted by john.sears@ver… on

ANR lands are generally open to the public without fee or formal authorization for various educational, recreational, and other outdoor activities for individuals or small groups. However, while legally and environmentally permissible, such activities and events may alter a site or natural resources or exclude other public uses for varying periods of time. Therefore, formal written authorization is required for such activities and events so that the Agency may better monitor, control, and manage their impact and duration on ANR lands, natural resources, and the public. Formal written authorization is typically given by either Special Use Permit (SUP) or License.

Accordion to apply to