For Immediate Release – May 4, 2023
Emily White, Parks Regional Manager
Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation
Public Meeting and Presentation on Improvements to North Hero State Park
North Hero, VT - Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation is holding a public meeting to present plans for improvements to North Hero State Park, located in North Hero, Vermont.
The meeting will be held from 5:30pm to 7:00pm on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, at North Hero Community Hall.
The proposed changes at this popular day use area will enhance the visitor experience, improve accessibility, and help the state's conservation work.
Proposed improvements include:
- Reconfiguring of the park entrance, including the addition of two accessible parking spaces, bus parking, and extra green space.
- Opening the parking area in the winter to increase recreational opportunities year-round.
- Converting the existing mile-long main park road into an eight-foot-wide walking and bicycling path that meets current Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
- Rehabilitating three 1/3-mile looped walking trails off the main entrance road.
- Enhancing stormwater management through the removal of over two acres of impervious surface in the park.
“We are excited to invest in North Hero State Park,” said Emily White, Parks Regional Manager said. “Supporting recreational access to the land for all Vermonters and visitors is important work. Being able to do so while being mindful of conservation practices and minimizing our ecological impact is core to our mission.”
If you have questions, please contact Emily White, Parks Regional Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-595-1094.
Plan a visit to North Hero State Park or learn more about its amenities.