Annual Ice Fishing Festival
Vermont Fish & Wildlife is hosting the annual Ice Fishing Festival that is open to all members of the public, young and old, interested in learning how to ice fish.
The event will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019 and anyone, resident or nonresident, may go fishing in Vermont without a fishing license.
- 11:00 am - Registration Opens
- 11:00 am to 3:00 pm - Fun Family Activities
This year, Fish & Wildlife staff and Let's Go Fishing volunteers will help new ice anglers learn the basics of winter ice fishing with stations including:
- Ice Fishing Gear Explained
- Hole Drilling Demos
- Tip-up Techniques
- Using a Rod and Jig
- Ice Safety
- Fish Identification and Regulations Explained
- Knot-tying Know-how and tackle craft
Enjoy a fish fry and cocoa (bring your own mug if you can)! Warming huts will be available to keep you comfortable.
Bring your own ice fishing equipment or you can borrow ours.