Hubbardton; Rutland County 1,034 Acres
For information about this unit please visit the web page:
Half Moon State Park is one of two campgrounds located within the 3,526-acre Bomoseen State Park.
Bomoseen State Park is a large state-owned parcel located in the towns of Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton and Benson. The lands are mostly forested with a mix of hardwoods and softwoods. There are two public campgrounds within the larger Bomoseen State Park – Bomoseen State Park (campground) and Half Moon State Park.
Half Moon State Park is located on the 20-acre Half Moon Pond. The pond is shallow, just 15-20 feet deep and supports a warm water fishery with populations of bass, perch and northern pike. Access to the pond is through the campground and is for non-motorized boating only.
- Half Moon State Park Interactive Campground Map and Guide
- Half Moon and Bomoseen State Parks Trail Map and Guide
- Bomoseen and Halfmoon State Parks Trails (Trail Finder)
- Using State Lands for Recreation
- FPR Recreation Activities