Vermont's Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP) is being updated!
What is the SCORP?
The SCORP is a plan which assesses the provision and need for outdoor recreation in a state. States are required to update their SCORP every five years to remain eligible to receive federal Land and Water Conservation Fund, as well the federal Recreational Trails Program funds. The plan guides outdoor recreation policies, programs and funding for projects.
How can I get involved?
1. Take our online public input survey. Call 802-598-4551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a paper copy of the survey mailed to you. The survey will be available online from August 8th- September 2nd, 2019.
2. Attend an open-house style public meeting:
- Monday August 19th, 6-8 pm, Brattleboro Central Fire Station
- Tuesday, August 27th, 6-8 pm, Thatcher Brook School Gymnasium, Waterbury
3. If you are an outdoor recreation provider (public or private entity that provides outdoor recreation services, programs or assets), please contact Jessica Savage at email@example.com or 802-249-1230 to take a provider survey.
4. Contact Jessica Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-249-1230 with any comments or questions.
5. Read our last SCORP to get a sense of the type of information we gather.