News Release – Vermont State Parks
May 22, 2016
Craig Whipple, Director, 802-343-5318, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochelle Skinner, Parks Sales & Service Manager, 802-522-0841, Rochelle.email@example.com
Memorial Day Weekend is Here – Let the Summer Fun Begin
All Vermont State Parks now fully operational for the season!
MONTPELIER – Vermont State Parks invites you to spend some good, quality time in a park near you. Starting this weekend, all Vermont State Parks will be open to the public, fully staffed, and operational.
“Summer is finally here, and we’re happy to throw open the park gates and say, ‘Come on in!’” says Craig Whipple, director of state parks. “Vermont State Parks offers something for everyone – whether you’re looking to hike, bike, camp, fish, paddle or just relax. There is a state park within a half hour drive of anywhere in Vermont, so even getting to a park is easy.”
Whipple pauses and adds, “It seems like so many people are experiencing high levels of stress these days. Parks are a place where you can get away from all that and just be at peace, enjoying nature.”
Some things to make the most out of your park visits:
• Discounted park passes are now available and can be purchased online or at the parks.
• You can now make reservations online up to the day before your arrival.
• Park passes can be checked out for free at your local library.
• Try fishing for free at one of our 12 Reel Fun gear loaner parks.
• Start the Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge with your family for a whole summer’s worth of fun
and a chance to earn a season’s pass.
Come visit us and help us kick off a great summer season.